Makeup.co.nz is run by Makeup New Zealand Ltd, a New Zealand owned business. Launching in 2012, we were the first authorised, pure-play e-commerce store to sell makeup in New Zealand. We operate 100% online, and do not operate physical retail stores.
Our expertise is in the fast shipping of online orders. Orders placed (and paid for) before 11.30am weekdays are dispatched that day! Some customers receive their orders the next day, although we quote 1-3 working days as our general guidelines.
All of our stock is right here in New Zealand, in our Auckland facility. We ship fast, so you can get the makeup you want fast.
Our mission at Makeup.co.nz is to build the best makeup site in New Zealand. We aim to stock a curated range of popular, international brands to suit the tastes of New Zealand consumers.
We do not parallel import or deal in grey market products. We are authorised retailers for all the brands we stock. We always deal with the brand itself, or their NZ distributor so you know you are receiving authentic, fresh cosmetics.
We want to create a place where kiwis can purchase makeup without the high shipping costs, or long delivery times that often come with ordering from overseas websites
Customers are our focus here at Makeup.co.nz, so we offer Free Shipping when you spend $50 or more. We add new brands regularly, so please keep checking back often.
We stock a wide variety of cosmetic brands. From mainstream to indie, established to new. You can view our full brands list here.
Below are the individual brands that Makeup New Zealand Ltd has introduced to New Zealand for the first time, or was the first online retailer in NZ:
- Nov 2013 We introduced NYX Professional Makeup to NZ as the first Authorised Retailer. This was in the early days prior to L’Oréal acquiring NYX.
We were the sole authorised retailer in NZ for several years. We are a proud NYX Professional Makeup retailer to this day.
- May 2014 First authorised retailer of Elf Cosmetics in New Zealand.
- Feb 2015 First authorised online store in New Zealand to sell L’Oréal Paris and Maybelline NY.
- July 2015 Introduced Milani Cosmetics to NZ. Sole authorised retailer in NZ for several years.
- Aug 2015 Introduced Gerard Cosmetics to NZ. (Dual launch with a clothing boutique.)
- Jun 2017 Introduced Violet Voss Cosmetics to the New Zealand market. Sole retailer in NZ.
- Aug 2017 Approached by Benefit Cosmetics to be their first pure-play e-comm retailer in NZ.
- Apr 2018 Introduced Jouer Cosmetics to NZ. We are their sole retailer in New Zealand.
As a retailer, we love bringing exciting new brands to the New Zealand market. Brands have trusted us time and again to launch their brands to New Zealand consumers for the first time.
Over the years we have built a large customer base of makeup lovers, who love to try new things. Makeup.co.nz has supply agreements with over 20 key brands, via local distributors or directly with international head offices.
About The Owner
Hey, it's Claire! We started Makeup.co.nz in 2012, back when there were no online makeup stores in New Zealand. We are proud to have curated a family of top international makeup brands.
We are grateful for the opportunity to deliver happiness to our customers every day! Thanks for reading our about us page. Feel free to follow me on my Instagram account @claireleemakeup
Company Social Media
We're social! You can keep in touch with us through our social media pages, or contact us by email.